Monday, November 12, 2012

Prompt #3 - Your Day, In Great Detail

Hi!!  So much has gone down since I wrote last.  My office was closed for a full week after hurri-hussy Sandy roared through the Northeast.  I celebrated three birthdays.  I dog-sat.  I made a cheesecake.  Compared to all of that, my detailed day today is probably not going to be so compelling.  I didn't write the list though, so here goes:

Like most weekdays, my alarm went off at 6:30am for the gym.  Also like most days, I immediately snoozed it till 7:30 and went back to sleep instead.  At 7:50 I actually got up and headed to the shower. 

**Side note - I absolutely hate getting in the shower before I'm fully awake.  I know most people find this helpful/refreshing but I just can't get into it.  Have you ever fallen asleep accidentally on a pool float?  Or maybe you were just there relaxing and some kid/grown-adult-man dumps your unsuspecting-self off and into the water?  Yeah.  It sucks.  Welcome to my view of a.m. showering.

funny gifs


I have a couple of events after work tonight so I fretted a bit more than normal about what to wear.  Lucky for me, it's quite warm today so my outfit choices were less inhibited by weather.  I ended up wearing a jumper with black tights and boots, and my big/cozy All Saints sweater as a jacket.  I absolutely love that sweater and will do anything I can to wear it when it's cool.  Mine is a bit darker and a bit fluffier than this one, but you get the idea:

OBSESSED with everything from All Saints
I nabbed it at their sample sale, so it was affordable(ish) too.

I headed to work and picked up an iced coffee on the way (I drink iced coffee regardless of the season).  I got to my desk and immediately realized I would want to go home to change before my parties.  Typical.

For what I hope are apparent confidentiality reasons, I can't really disucss what I did at work in great detail, but I can generally say it's been a medium-busy day.  I definitely appreciate when I have time to gather my thoughts and ease into the swing of the week on Mondays.

I had a salad for lunch.  Thrilling stuff.

And that pretty much brings me to now.  I'll be heading home in a couple of hours to re-obsess about clothes, hair, and makeup before going out.  I'm starting my night at the opening kickoff for the BMW i Born Electric Tour.  A friend is involved in the event, and he invited us all out to scope out the latest concept car and to learn about BMW's commitment to sustainable engineering.  After making an appearance there, we're heading a bit further downtown to celebrate a birthday/going away.  I'll update with details tomorrow so as not to skimp on half of my "day".

TBC...!!

XX

UPDATE -

After work I headed home and did a quick change into a skirt.  The BF and I met two friends at a rendevouz point near the venue.  The party started at 6:30, and this was about 6:45.  We agreed we didn't want to be the first people there and decided to stop somewhere for a drink.

We ended up at the Algonquin hotel, where I had been once before.  After a glass of wine and some conversation, we headed on over to the BMW event.  It was packed!  The friend who had invited us greeted us at the door and got us checked off the list.  We headed inside and straight for the bar.  Not surprisingly, we found the rest of our group huddled there.  I had a great time catching up with everyone and was surprised to know so many faces! 

A few minutes in, the chairman of BMW and Uma Thurman (naturally) came out to unveil the car.  It's an electric sports car, and the entire event was themed around green design.  They had tons of food and drinks, and a gallery of various eco-friendly products upstairs.  I didn't see any more of Uma after her required appearance.  (isn't it fun/weird to see Uma written?  Uma! Uma!)

Not bad, huh!?
We pryed ourselves away from there around 9:00 and took a cab down to the Gramercy Park Hotel.  A friend of ours is moving back to Europe in a few days, so it was a combo going away/birthday celebration.  We were happy to see that the party was still going even though the official invite had it ending at 9:00!

After a quick stint to say hello and goodbye, we grabbed a cab home.  I had only eaten a few hors dourves at the first stop, so I was starving.  Keeping with the classy theme of the evening, I made myself a late-night dinner of low sodium Ramen.  I love that even Ramen is trying to tap the health-concious market.  And I bought it.

And from there it was bed!  Ta-da!  A day in the life!



No comments: