Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Prompt #2: 10 Likes and Dislikes

I'm not really clear about whether I'm doing 10 likes and 10 dislikes, or 5 and 5 - but I'm looking for material here so we'll go with the former.

LIKES (at the moment)

1. Autumn weather - minus the recent rain
2. Autumn outfits - tights, sweaters, scarves, boots - but not covering them up with a coat yet!
3. White eyeliner -
I've watched a few makeup tutorials with Halloween on the horizon and realized that I've been missing out on this.  It's amazing what a little highlight can do and I'm newly obsessed with adding this to my getting-ready regimine.


4. The current season of The Walking Dead on AMC - I get that this is counterintuitive after my "afraid of everything" claim, but it's true.  It's a total anomaly that can be blamed solely on the BF.
5. Blogging again
6. The house that sings Gangnam style - Watch it Here - I know... it's sort of awful... but hey! they aren't my neighbors!
7. Apple recipes on Pinterest - for all the apples we picked last weekend
8. Piperlime - I always rely on their "Rachel Zoe" picks for online shopping.  Sometimes you can't be sure what the quality of an item will be like when you get it, and I like that these have been vetted through an expert.  So far I've loved everything I've chosen this way.  BONUS - It's their birthday today.  20% off of everything!!
9. The game/app "Flow" - Play this on time trial and you'll be addicted like me
10. What you've been waiting to hear... one current like is: Headless Horseman Hayride & Haunted House! - I'm going to be honest.  I chickened out of sitting on the edge of the hayride after the first ghoul brushed my ankle and I ALMOST threw in the towel after house number one.  I stuck it out, though, and made it through ALL EIGHT parts.  They have some really impressive sets and costumes and there are a few stomach churning parts.  The actors were all respectful, though, and with the help of some friendly arms (read: I grabbed them against their will and wouldn't let go) I did it!  It was a fun time overall.


DISLIKES (at the moment)

1. The New York State Voter Registration people (thanks for the FIVE confirmations on my change of address - none of which tell me my new polling place)
2. Looking for/deciding on a Halloween cosutme.  Two more days.  EEEK!
3. Bathroom Attendants - I have felt totally accosted by these guys for years.  They're always in places where you'd never expect them, and you spend all your time in the stall feeling guilty about not bringing your wallet.  I don't want your two decade old Aqua-Net, and I'd prefer to get my own paper towel.  Thanks.
4. Rain - I didn't hate it so much until NYC.  Walking in it everywhere is no fun.
5. People who stick objects in elevator doors to keep them from closing - Why?  Where do you have to be that is so much more important than those of us already stuffed IN the elevator?  You really can't wait 10 extra seconds for the next one?
6. Peplum - Sorry guys.  I can't get on board with this trend.  I'm not about drawing attention to the muffin top area.
7. Tim Tebow
8. Those orange and black taffy candy things - aka the fruitcake of Halloween
9. That I don't live closer to "Mary's Place" - the most adorable hot dog stand with the most adorable little lady working there.  It was a stop on the Fall Fest tour, and though she claimed to be on Facebook, I haven't been able to find her.  The "restaurant" was basically a shed in her yard with some picnic tables and a sign.  She also had one of those push carts that you see vendors use in Central Park.  I like to imagine that she busied herself studying the week over week business growth our 13 hot dog order provided after we pulled away.
10. Never being able to find tights in my drawer without runs in them.

And there you have it!  Ten arbitrary likes and dislikes of mine.  Till tomorrow...

XO

No comments: