Friday, October 19, 2012

FRIDAY!!!!

There's nothing better, right? 

Although it's dreary and rainy in NYC today, I'm in a fantastic mood.  It's payday, two out-of-town friends are visiting, and tomorrow I'll be partaking in all day "Fall-Fest"ivities upstate.  I'm actually so euphoric that I've stupidly decided to give myself another writing challenge!  Behold, another "it-looked-cool-on-Pinterest-but-will-likely-be-the-bain-of-my-existence-later" find:

 
That's right, baby!  PROMPTS.  I have no writers block-y excuses for sucking.  I'll admit right now that I may not do these daily (read: free weekends), but let's see if it at least improves frequency.
 
DAY 1 - Write Some Basic Things About Yourself:
 
I feel like you can get the basic-basics from my info blurb, but here are a few second-tier facts:
  • I moved to Manhattan from Southwest VA/Northeast TN 6 years ago
  • At that time I was coming for 1 year for "work experience"
  • I met the BF here although we went to the same college
  • I work in the media industry and I love it!
  • HUGE animal person but currently no pets
  • The greatest satisfaction in my life came from getting my Masters - I still want to do Ph.D.
  • I have anxiety/fear about pretty much everything even remotely scary
Which brings me to my fear of the day (I could seriously have "Things I'm Afraid of Friday" and keep it going for A-WHILE):
 
THIS G-D-EFFIN' SCARY-AZZ ATTRACTION:
 
 
OK - Even I will admit that it looks a bit laughable after my dramatic lead-in, but I seriously do not do scary.  In signing up for the aforementioned "Fall Fest" I wasn't thinking clearly about the fact that the conclusion to the day would be this...  The Headless Horseman Hayride and haunted houses in Sleepy Hollow.  Allegedly it takes around 90 minutes to go through it all, and frankly, my heart might not take it.  The BF has done a decent job of getting my lifetime scary-movie count just into the double digits, but I'm not convinced I've reached the level of de-sensitization where I WANT someone chasing me with a chainsaw. 
 
Dear lord what did I get myself into? 
 
I'll update first thing next week (assuming survival).
 
XO -
 
Honey
 
 
     
     


No comments: