Sunday, June 26, 2011

Celebrate Marriage Equality

"Cuomo Gets a Freebie" sign at the 2011 NYC Pride Parade
Saturday was a bit hectic due to some unexpected friend/family/travel issues.  I still managed to do one of my to-do's, however, by eating breakfast at Market Diner waaay over on 11th Ave.  It's the one you've probably seen from your cab headed up (or downtown) late at night.  It's all cute and stand-alone and chrome and looks like a legit diner from the 50s.  I have to admit that it was worth the buildup and will likely become the new go-to diner in my 'hood.  The food was all really good, AND they give you a free biscuit with any order.  Heaven knows that was the selling point for this Southern girl.

Sunday, by contrast, I had a full day of fun.  I went to support my good friends at Popchips by taking some pictures of the popmobile in the annual Pride Parade.  Coming off Friday's vote to legalize same-sex marriage in New York, you could feel the overwhelming positivity and happy energy in the crowd.  I didn't notice anyone out of control or riotous.  It was sincerely a feel-good atmosphere and I felt very proud to be a part of this historical weekend.

Way to be a leader, NY!

No comments: