Friday, March 18, 2011

#343 - Celebrate the Spring

Blockheads at World Wide Plaza (aka Heaven)
Anyone who attended our little happy hour this evening can attest to the fact that Blockheads is one of my favorite favorite all-time favorite New York City past times.  I LOVE it.  Moreover, I love that VERY first warm-ish day that the weather allows us to be there.  This is the day I force my friends with flexible jobs to head there at 3pm to fight for tables and secure a spot.  This is the day I spend hotly anticipating the first red-nosed bulldog of the year.  This is the day that everyone stays on lunch break just a little too long, and leaves the office just a little too early.  If I haven't adequately pressed my point, this is one of my favorite days of the year.

I have to say that 2011 was an exceptional success.  Thanks to the hard work of some great guys, we had just enough room for our MASSIVE party.  Most of my favorite people in the city were there, and it was just a great way to kickoff the Spring.  We also managed to rack up a collective tab of $500+, which I previously would not have believed possible at a place known for $3 margaritas.

This is one of those traditions I think I'll be hanging onto into my 30s.  I can't give up everything!! 

No comments: