Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Countdown #345 - Push the Season

The Chef's Special from Urban Lobster Shack

As a kid I think most of us had minimal awareness of "appropriateness".  You don't yet know that some people will take issue with you wearing white after Labor Day or hammering a peanut butter sandwich flat.  You also think the first 65 degree day is fair game for wearing shorts even if it is the Northeast in February.  The latter phenomenon is what my mother calls "pushing the season". 

I have been hardcore pushing the season since returning from Florida 14 days ago.

I have purchased a new bathing suit, left the house on multiple occasions without a winter coat, and perused the internet for new sandals.  Today, at lunch, I trekked FOUR SUBWAY STOPS to South Ferry for a lobster roll.  I'm pretty sure this is a symptom of seasonal affective disorder.

The little gem pictured above came from The Urban Lobster Shack at 15 Stone Street.  Before 2:30 you can get a roll, cole slaw, and chips for $10.  That's one of the more affordable rolls I have found, and it was 110% worth it.  I got the chef's special which I was warned was very garlicky.  They were not kidding.  Just a little something to keep in mind if you are not a fan of the flavor or have a hot date later in the evening!

Luckily my only date tonight is with the Boss, and it's via internet.  I'm so glad we have kept up with the skyping.

Till tomorrow...

No comments: