Thursday, March 17, 2011

#344 - Observe Major Drinking Holiday

Guinness
It's funny.  Hoboken St. Patty's is one of those things you can feel in your bones you are getting too old for.  I went this year, my last hoorah, and ended up having a fantastic time.  It may have had something to do with being at a house party, with friends, and free of miscellaneous youngsters making me feel past my prime.

The REAL day, by contrast, was pretty underwhelming.  I hadn't planned on celebrating - but I have a really hard time resisting a holiday.  I made plans to grab a Guinness with a girlfriend and we ended up with a bigger group on the Upper East Side.  I can't say anything was "bad".  It was just... meh. 

I'm not sure if this is a tell-tale sign of impending "grown-up-ness", or if the stars of fun just were not aligned.  Either way, part of this blog is getting things out of my system.  There are probably going to be a lot of "lasts" discussed here.  I can't say for sure if this will really be my last day of Guinness and green, but I do think I'll put less pressure on myself to be everywhere all the time.  Sometimes it's ok not to partake.  I won't necessarily be missing anything.  I'll be gaining whatever I choose to do instead.

No comments: