Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#331 - Unsubscribe


Each morning, I wake up to the same thing.  A blinking red light on my blackberry beckoning me to read the 6 auto-generated emails that I received over night.  They come from Groupon, Living Social, Buy With Me, JCrew, Refinery29 and a slew of other miscellaneous shopping sites with which I've done recent business.

A few hours tick by and I come to work.  In my office inbox I find Daily Candy, Gilt Group, and RueLaLa.


Most days I do an immediate delete.  Other days I open (just to see!).  Then there are the days when I'll choose my favorite items and add them to my cart, just in case.  I mean - heaven forbid another user should snatch that paisley Milly tunic while I mull it over!!  In these cases I often get to the purchase page and have a moment of clarity.  Close the page, delete the email, move on with the day.

There have been many times, though, where I follow through with the purchase (thanks, Donna Karen, for the neon red trench coat with electric blue stitching). 

Well, I've had enough with the temptation and pressure!  Today I unsubscribed.

No comments: