Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#339 - SoHo Park

Don't judge!  These are not mine!

Today the BF was in my neighborhood around lunch time, so I took an unplanned meal out.  There really is something about a fully realized lunch adventure that makes a day so much more tolerable.  As you have seen here, I have been pushing myself outside the usual three block radius and the rewards to my taste buds have been plentiful.

I guess I'm a bit of a junior foodie.  I can't say that I have the most refined palate.  I mean - I have an unhealthy obsession with Paula Deen and grew up putting ranch on basically everything.  I have no delusions about the sophistication of my choices.  But I do enjoy cooking and baking and pretty much anything that tastes delicious.

One neighborhood spot that always satisfies this passion is Soho Park.  It's basically a back-yard barbecue dropping squarely on Prince Street.  They serve burgers, fries, sandwiches, and beers.  Best of all, they are one of the few places in the area where I can get a properly executed iced tea.

BF ordered the amazing looking onion rings shown above, and I miraculously restricted myself to just one. 

Today's lesson: a work life balance and fried things are the key to Honey happiness

**date was actually March 22, 2011 - I was slow uploading the picture!

No comments: